Monday 14 December 2009

Don’t tell the children – fontcapture– invite to writers to join the #12DCP


I was looking for a way to add the people on my 'writerly' list to the twelve days of Christmas Party and struggling with what picture to use, in the past I've used wordles and was tempted to do the same again but then came information about fontcapture. This clever little website lets you scan your handwriting via a grid system and then provides you with a downloadable file to add to your windows fonts. Ironically to add it to my blog I've now had to paste the font back into a picture to include in this post.

So, don't tell the children; if this had been available 'n' years ago I could have avoided hours on Boxing Day handwriting my thank-you notes for the hankies, bath cubes and bubbles.

To all those on my 'writerly' list in twitter you are cordially invited to join my 12 days of Christmas party. Starting on Christmas day there will be a post a day, hopefully with something to amuse, distract or entertain; I wonder what stories you will tell.

For now please could you add to the playlist for the party which can be found on spotify; something to make you jiggle. Also, some opening lines, starters for ten to get the conversation flowing or if closing pieces are more up your strada how about the perfect line for leaving a twelve day long party.



The playlist for this post can be found on spotify here the list in words can be found in the first comment that follows.

1 comment:

  1. Elvis Costello – Every Day I Write The Book
    Neko Case – Ghost Writing
    The Sundays – Here's Where The Story Ends
    Barry Manilow – I Write The Songs - Single Edit
    Dire Straits – Lady Writer
    The Cribs – Moving Pictures
    Stereophonics – Mr. Writer - Decade In The Sun Version
    Monty Python – Novel Writing
    Paul McCartney – Paperback Writer (Live)
    Radiohead – Paperbag Writer
    Sia – Pictures
    Westlife – Pictures In My Head
    Deep Purple – Pictures Of Home
    Status Quo – Pictures Of Matchstick Men - Original Version
    Elliott Smith – Pictures Of Me
    The Last Goodnight – Pictures Of You
    Brad Paisley – Who Needs Pictures
    Plain White T's – Write You A Song
    Just Jack – Writer's Block
    Calexico – Writer's Minor Holiday
    Uncle Kracker – Writing It Down
    Underoath – Writing on the Walls
    Blind Willie McTell – Writing Paper Blues
    Travis – Writing To Reach You

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading comments, if you have the time please leave a little something to share.........